Sunday, January 3, 2010

Orange Prize Project


Before I stumbled across the Orange Prize Project I must admit to having been completely unfamiliar with the Prize. Many of the writers who have won are familiar to me, but more of them are "to read"s than "have read"s. As such, I decided there was no time like 2010. The Orange Prize books (winners, shortlisted and a few from the long lists) I'll be tackling this year are:


Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

On Beauty by Zadie Smith

Everyman's Rules for Scientific Living by Carrie Tiffany

Digging to America by Anne Tyler

Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

When We Were Bad by Charlotte Mendelson

The Road Home by Rose Tremain

Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller

Fox Girl by Okja Keller

What the Birds See by Sonya Hartnett

Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

No comments:

Post a Comment