Sunday, January 3, 2010

42 Challenge

Certainly this appears to be a bit of an obsession, these challenges, but participation in the 42 Challenge is pretty much a no brainer for me. The 42 Challenge allows for "[s]hort stories, novellas, novels, radio show episodes, television show episodes, movies, graphic novels, comic books, audio books, essays about science fiction, biographies about sci-fi authors, etc." Even though I could easily complete this in a week with my viewing habits alone (Farscape Season 4, Battlestar Gallactica and classic V are all pretty high in my Netflix queue), this was the year I said I ought be reading more science fiction so I am definitely going to make sure that a large number of the works that go towards the final number are in print form. While certainly not an exhaustive list, some of the things I will be reading this year are:

1. The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
2. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells

3. Fables: Sons of Empire by Bill Willingham

* * *

Transmetropolitan: Year of the Bastard by Warren Ellis
Transmetropolitan: The New Scum by Warren Ellis
Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott
Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
Guards! Guards! by Terry Prachett
Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea by Jules Verne
Dune by Frank Herbert
Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Powers by Ursula K. Le Guin

No comments:

Post a Comment